Go

Blog

People"/ Lessons"/ Memories"/ Farewell"/ Home"/

Thursday, February 09, 2006

From Ashley/Gidget

I honestly dont know what to say, or where to begin, but I do know that Kawkawa played a major role in my life. Ever since I was old enough to Go, I went, with such excitement that I can't even describe it. In a way, I grew up with kawkawa, it was always there for me, through my many (and I mean Many) camp crushes, freindships, lessons learned, and much more. God, through Kawkawa, led me to dedicate my life to christ, led me to the waters of baptism, and to a deeper understanding of my faith. I was there when kawkawa critters were for sale, and would always bring one home for my cousins. I was there up until I was too old to be a kid anymore, and so I joined HIS team and scrubbed toilets for the summer. I will always remember the friendships that were made through Kawkawa, the summers I spent writing letters to my counsellors (Notique, Tigger and Piglet, mostly) the time we'd play beach volleyball, and all scramble for tuck to open, the flying fox, which eventually turned into the flier, and just.. everything. There were many times when I can say a campfire at kawkawa changed my outlook, even as a staff member.

I'll always miss the times when we'd have to do stupid stuff to get our mail, when we'd have crazy games at the table to decide who does dishes, and skit night.. i'll never forget skit night.. Just so many memories stem from Kawkawa, from annual pictures with a friend to writing addresses in a notebook to keep in touch, and everything in between.

I am very sad to see kawkawa gone, but I am glad for the time it was there for so many kids and staff alike. Kawkawa will be missed, but the time that God used it will not be forgotten. God Bless all of you, I am thankful to be able to say that Kawkawa was a part of my life, and I hope that you can as well..

Much Love,
Gidget (Ashley Schalin)