Go

Blog

People"/ Lessons"/ Memories"/ Farewell"/ Home"/

Thursday, February 09, 2006

From Cathy/Ozzie

Here is a bit of my story and how I ended up at Kawkawa from Sydney Australia. When I first came in 2001 I really didnt know what I was doing I just knew that I didnt want to go to university and I knew that I had to leave home...so why not go to the other side of the world. My dads cousin recommended Kawkawa as a camp to go to so I sent an email to Ed and in June 2001 I arrived not really knowing what a summer camp was. I have made life long friends from that summer and was really encouraged to get back on track with God. I felt that God had placed me there that particular summer to love and care for other staff as well as the campers. I have now been involved in many camps back home in Australia and have been able to touch many kids lives here. I know it is only because of my experience at Kawkawa that I have been able to do what I have done. I just want to say thanks to those at Kawkawa and remind everyone that it isnt just those campers and staff that come to Kawkawa during the summer who benefit from the camp but my friends, family and the camps that I have been on in Australia have also benefited from the work of Kawkawa.

I so wish that I would have been there on Saturday to see the camp for one last time...and since I couldn't I will remember through my many albums of photos the wonderful Camp Kawkawa.