Go

Blog

People"/ Lessons"/ Memories"/ Farewell"/ Home"/

Thursday, February 09, 2006

From Jesse/Rook

I can still remember the very first time I ever set foot on Kawkawa ground. I was completely freaked out ("what am I doing here"). I had phoned the week before the first camp in 2001 and was surprised that they accepted my application (had I had any camp experience before this I would have known different, lol). I had no idea what was in store for me that summer, or how much it would change my life after. When I came back for my second summer, a couple of people were surprised to see me (not quite sure why, I never did ask them) but it turned out to be another great time and I was really able to grow with the help of my fellow staff and especially my campers. I can’t say that every moment was enjoyable at the time, but I think that I have learned the lessons I needed to and I would not trade the time I spent there for anything. I don't believe that God is restricted to buildings, but when so much love and worship go on in one place for such a long time, and so many friends and memories are made, it's hard not to be attached to the physical place. Although I moved from BC, I always thought that I'd be able to make it back for another summer or two. But still, I'm so grateful that I was able to be apart of it all.