Go

Blog

People"/ Lessons"/ Memories"/ Farewell"/ Home"/

Thursday, February 09, 2006

From Niki/Nova

This is still very hard for me to accept, but I rejoice in knowing that God has done AMAZING things at this camp, working through the lives of staff to reach campers, and even through campers, to reach staff. I started to be involved with Kawkawa in 1997, but it wasn't until 2004 that I was able to finally work on staff. So I came for what I thought would be just the summer, 2 weeks in he changed my heart and my vision and 5 weeks in I was hired to be year round staff. At the end of the summer it was quite a shock to see everyone leave and be left behind with Murfi, Duck, Java (the kids), Link, Guzzle, Mr Potts, Giggles and the unforgettable Rainbow. As many know that year brought MANY changes, and had I known what was going to happen, I doubt I would've followed God's leading to stay. I had to say some hard goodbyes, but I've met some amazing people who have left their mark on my life. I'll never forget the time I was introduced as "No-Fun", doing EVERYONE's laundry, painting in the middle of winter, serving orca soup and those crazy Settler tournaments. Also who can forget moving days? I think I lived in 12 different buildings in 15 months...ah, the joys of camp life! It's been great friends, thank you for all that you have taught me. And praise be to God, who gave us Kawkawa for a time and has allowed countless lives to be changed forever through the obedience of his people. Alleluia!